Feb 6, 2010

Downtown Teguc

Here are a few pictures of some old, colonial-era buildings in downtown Teguc that have arcitectural as well as historical interest.  I have been searching for old photos of Tegucigalpa to see what was standing in the old part of the city (Teguc has expanded considerably in the past 50 years) then I go out in search of the location to find what is present today.  I always wish I could have experienced cities like this long ago, before they were over run with outside influence (and American chains.) 
So now, whenever I get the chance to pass through downtown, I take my camera along to snap pix of anything I haven't yet seen,  Every trip I discover something new - there are lots of old details in these buildings.  Most of the buildings are not being taken care of properly so they aren't always easy to spot and most will likely be gone in the coming years.  So this is my effort to catalog them while they are still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment